Can and Neu - which albums?

Melvyn Vincent mel at MVA.U-NET.COM
Fri Mar 23 09:51:17 EST 2001

>In article <200103231212.MAA13757 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk>, M Holmes
><fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> writes
>>I've been meaning for a while to give these bands a spin. My electronic
>>music tastes run to mid-period Tangerine Dream (Rybycon until
>>Hyperborea), Tim Blake, the more melodic stuff of Klaus Schulze, Ian
>>Boddy, Software...
>>
>>What would you folks reccommend?
>
>Dunno, never heard either of them, but Can are on TOTP2 on BBC2 tomorrow
>afternoon at 5:45
>
>--
>David Blair

What do you mean you never heard of either of them?????
I've got Neu (1st album with a foreword penned by Dave Brock on the back
cover) Vinyl LP..............and Neu 2 ( 2nd vinyl LP naturally ).
Neu 2 is the best for one  12 minute track only.....'fuerimmer' or Forever
in english.
The first album though is a bit more consistant in overall quality but very
'chilled......dark.....depressing' if you're in the mood.
The 3rd LP was 'Neu 75' (released 1975 of course!!!) But I've never heard
this one.

I don't know what it is about the Germans but a lot of the progressive
music that came from them in the 70's always conjured up images in my
imagination of dark,depressing,deserted industrial landscapes and
cities..........know what I mean??????

mel