OFF: Can and Neu - which albums?

Fri Mar 23 18:20:23 EST 2001

Can BBC CD is just awsome - the 'Bakerloo' improv with Suzuki is simply
magical - darned thing's deleted now too, so get around those used shops,
ladies and gentlemen.
'Tago Mago' is the ultimate Can album but 'You Doo Right' off Monster Movie
is the ultimate Can track.
I saw them in concert  at a cold and dingy Wolverhampton Civic Hall in '75,
I think, and while the place held about 1500+, there were only about 100-150
of us in the sudience spread as best we could in the first few rows.
The group came on stage, peered around, clearly thought ' shine on, it's
going to be one of those nights' ,  plugged in and proceeded to play. The
first number ended and feedback guitar faded to a halt. There was the
briefest of stone-cold silences as the track ended and the band nervously
waited for a response.
We cheered and clapped and stomped like 1500 at what had been a fantastic
opener.
The band grinned broadly, swiped up their instruments and proceeded to play
one of THE most fantastic 2 hour concerts I've witnesed - they put their
heart and soul into every bit and the audience responed accordingly -
electrifying just wasn't the word. Awesome stuff.
Take my advice and get the video with the box set if you can find one, also.
As to Neu, all CD's remastered and a ltd edition box set of them too, all
due out very soon.
Back to the original electronic point, you could do worse to check out the
CDS electronic highlights of 2000 at:
www.andygee.dial.pipex.com/synth.htm
and see if any of my recommendations grab you.
Andy Garibaldi.