OFF: Glenn Hughes

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun Mar 25 01:20:20 EST 2001

Darrin reposted...

>I saw Glenn Hughes ("the god of voice") last night in NJ and was blown away
>by the show; great stripped-down 3 piece band, set list covering everything
>from his TRAPEZE days to DEEP PURPLE to THRALL/HUGHES to solo albums.
>
>That guy's voice is superhuman, I urge ya to check him out!

I think Medusa, the second Trapeze album with pre-Deep Purple Hughes,
pre-Whitesnake Galley, and pre-Judas Priest Holland is absolutely brilliant.
Been one of my favourites for years.  Everything that Hughes has done since
(which is virtually everything, period) I couldn't really care about.  I
dunno, his voice sounds great on Medusa, but from Deep Purple on, he sounds
pinched and screechy.  Although now that I think about it, he appeared on
that pretty good Iommi solo album that passed for a Black Sabbath album,
Seventh Star or something.  He sounded ok on that one.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S. The Glenn Hughes that died a week ago was the guy from the Village
People, not this one.