First with Croydon report

Kevin Perry kevin.perry at VIRGIN.NET
Sun Mar 25 18:50:25 EST 2001

I'm going to kill the sound engineer if I ever get my hands on him.  Much as
I love Alan's playing, being able to hear that to the virtual exclusion of
all else for most of the gig is somewhat frustrating - Dave's guitar was
inaudible and Jerry's was most of the time.

Technical hitch (what did happen to Richard?) was unfortunate, but the
version of High Rise they pulled off was good, followed by some great Space
Ritual poetry ad hoc from Ron - I still think they could do without him
(especially since they had up to 10 people on-stage tonight at some
point...), but he's getting better each gig I see him.  If he just
concentrated on the Calvert stuff, I think I'd enjoy seeing him full-time.

Getting back to Croydon...I can't recall the entire set-list, but there was
definitely (and in probably the wrong order too):

Assault & Battery/Golden Void (crap mix)
? - off In Your Area - recognised it but forget name (even crapper mix)
Hippy (getting better)
Space Is Deep
Flying Doctor (good)
High Rise
Angels Of Death
Better Believe It (high poiunt for me)
Hassan I Sahba
Spirit Of The Age
Spiral Galaxy
Motorway City
Hurry On Sundown

---
Kevin Perry
Sonic Energy Authority
http://www.mountaingrill.co.uk/

"It is the business of the future to be dangerous;
and it is among the merits of science that it equips the future for its
duties."