HW: 80s and beyond (was Re: Croydon)

Douglas Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Mar 26 16:18:58 EST 2001

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 20:00:53 +0100, bedroom trancer
<bedroom at TRANCER28.FSNET.CO.UK> wrote:
>in my honest opinion alot of hawkwinds's post 79's output is pretty good,
>but when u start comparing it to anything they did prior to 1980 it just
>pales in comparrison.

I think that sums it up pretty well (along with the other messages that
said it's good that they reinvent older songs on a frequent basis and that
they're not a middle-aged self-parody the way too many other bands that
have stuck around are).

Some of my post-'Levitation' favorites (including ones that have been
included in the live set over the last couple of years):

Angels of Death
Living on a Knife Edge
(I don't think 'Church of Hawkwind' is a classic Hawkwind album; anyway,
it's really a Dave Brock solo album)
Arrival In Utopia
Dream Worker
Night of the Hawk
Green-Finned Demon
Watching the Grass Grow (I say that this one counts!)
Needle Gun
(I don't think 'Xenon Codex' is a classic album)
Back in the Box
Images
TV Suicide
Out of the Shadows
(I seem to like 'Space Bandits' more than many people here)
Right to Decide
L.S.D.
(I don't think 'IitBotFtbD' is a classic Hawkwind album; anyway, it's
really a "Richard Chadwick solo album" ;^)
Alien I Am
Sputnik Stan
Wheels
Reptoid Vision
Hippy

Hmmm ... couldn't fit that "greatest hits" package on a single CD ...

    -Doug
     ceres at sirius.com