HW: Hawklords etc.

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Mon Mar 26 18:42:21 EST 2001

I think the most dramatic transformation of a HW track is PSI Power. From the
excellent Hawklords version to the killer version on Do Not Panic. You would
almost not even they are the same song, but I would hate to do without either
one.

I have been playing the Hawklords CD lately and it really sounds as good as ever
to me. I had not played it for quite a while. I have discovered that it sounds
good loud. I guess I had better start listening to PXR5 again!

One other note: The 1999 Party CD, I played a couple of times when it was first
released, and put it down. I remember the feedback at the time that it was not
mixed well and that it was a 1990s mix on a 1970s record. I have recently played
that a couple of times and it is an incredible musical document. I do not know
how it stands up musically to the tapes of that period, but to hear Dave Brock
electric on The Watcher and Simon House on some of the other tracks is a real
treat. I need to visit this gem more often,
Chris