HW: Croydon

Mark Jermy m.jermy at CRANFIELD.AC.UK
Wed Mar 28 03:22:40 EST 2001

I'm going to kill the sound engineer if I ever get my hands on him.  Much as
I love Alan's playing, being able to hear that to the virtual exclusion of
all else for most of the gig is somewhat frustrating - Dave's guitar was
inaudible and Jerry's was most of the time.

Technical hitch (what did happen to Richard?) was unfortunate, but the
version of High Rise they pulled off was good, followed by some great Space
Ritual poetry ad hoc from Ron - I still think they could do without him
(especially since they had up to 10 people on-stage tonight at some
point...), but he's getting better each gig I see him.  If he just
concentrated on the Calvert stuff, I think I'd enjoy seeing him full-time.

Getting back to Croydon...I can't recall the entire set-list, but there was
definitely (and in probably the wrong order too):

Hmm. I had very good sound almost all night. Could hear Everyone. 7 rows
back right in front of the PA on the left(not bad considering I got my
tickets about 7:15pm!). I think it`s definitly where you are in this place.
Same thing happened last year. I had awful sound all night but others said
it was fine.

Si

gig/sound/meeting/Bedouin guitarist
Dr Mark Jermy
Automotive, Combustion and Energy Engineering
School of Mechanical Engineering
Cranfield University
Cranfield, Beds, MK43 0AL, Great Britain
Tel +44 1234 754680 Fax +44 1234 750425
http://www.cranfield.ac.uk/sme/aeod/homepage.htm