HW: Careful use of the saxophone

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Thu Mar 29 08:56:18 EST 2001

Hi,

>I think he's great. Just to be contrary, I think he plays far more
>'musically' than Nik. Of course we all love good ole Uncle Nik, but on the
>2 occasions I've seen Mr Huggett I thought he added an extra dimension that
>Nik wouldn't have done. 'Angels Of Death' and 'Hassan I sabbah' are now at
>their best ever IMHO. Also liked his playing on 'Hurry On Sundown'- made
>the riff go with a bit more swing.

Totally ACK!

>Don't know if he plays flute but he certainly plays clarinet on Hassan.

He definitely does. He played a nice (improvised?) part during Free Fall at
the Astoria gig.

>As for his 'look'- does it matter??

Nope.
HW isn't a shitty boyband. Look is totally irrelevant, only the music is of
importance!

>Personally I hope he'll be in the live HW line-up for some time to come.

I hope that, too.
I also hope that the current line-up (are Simon & Alan back for good, or
"just" permanent guests?), which is fabulous and the best in years, will
start recording a studio album. If they put as much energy and effort into
it as they put into the last gigs, it will be real masterpiece.

(c)IAO

                                 D+R

--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"
                                         Hassan I Sabbah

www.d-rider.de          denis at d-rider.de