HW: Careful use of the saxophone

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Mar 29 11:09:07 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:56:18 +0200, Denis Regenbrecht
<denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE> wrote:

>>Don't know if he plays flute but he certainly plays clarinet on Hassan.
>
>He definitely does. He played a nice (improvised?) part during Free Fall at
>the Astoria gig.

Did he? Can't remember that.. trying hard to visualise the scene... no it's
gone. Post-gig amnesia: common problem I find.

>>As for his 'look'- does it matter??
>
>Nope.
>HW isn't a shitty boyband.

No it's more of an old-geezerband!

>I also hope that the current line-up (are Simon & Alan back for good, or
>"just" permanent guests?), which is fabulous and the best in years, will
>start recording a studio album. If they put as much energy and effort into
>it as they put into the last gigs, it will be real masterpiece.

Absolutely spot on. Lock the boys (sorry geezers) in the studio when these
gigs have finished, and don't let them out until a prime 2001 Space Rock
odyssey masterpiece has been completed. (Nourishment breaks to be allowed
at a rate of, say, one meal per riff. I am a reasonable man and wouldn't
want them to suffer.)

On a more serious note, is there any news on the Astoria live release? Cos
that would do very nicely to be going on with. Anyone?