OFF: FLOOD GEORGE BUSH WITH YOUR E-MAILS!

Andy Gilham email at ANDYGILHAM.COM
Thu Mar 29 13:38:04 EST 2001

> Anyone who truly thinks that global warming is fiction is either
> incredibly selfish, or incredibly stupid.

Or American.  And this isn't a slag of Americans, it's just that Europeans
get told it's a fact and that the Americans are bad, and Americans get told
it's a European lie designed to hurt American competitiveness.

It's certainly easy for Europeans to be holier-than-thou about cutting
emissions, seeing as the UK shut down all its heavy industry in the Thatcher
years, Germany shut down all the uneconomic (and highly polluting) stuff in
the old East Germany, and France generates nearly all its power from nuclear
(which is suddenly very green).

Personally I suspect it's been exaggerated, as these things often are, but
that doesn't mean we shouldn't take sensible measures to prevent it
happening.  Flooding the President with spam seems futile, though.

-- Andy

www.andygilham.com