OFF: Igra Staklenih Perli

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu Mar 29 15:19:43 EST 2001

Hi Folks...

I've just been reading up about this interesting-sounding band that I'd
never heard of before.  I imagine that *someone* here has heard them, so I'd
like to know if it's worth checking into.  The S/T LP does go for about
$80-95 according to the two mentions on gemm.com, so I'm not intersted in
that!  Elsewehere, the CD was listed as being a bootleg, and I guess that's
the one mentioned here (below) also.  Does anyone have it?  If it's not
considered amoral, I would consider trading for a CD-R with a CD-R of
similar out-of-print-ness.

Grakkl (FAA)

Igra Staklenih Perli [Yugoslavia]

Igra Staklenih Perli (79), Vrt Svetlosti (80), Inner Flow (9?, recorded
'75), Soft Explosion Live (9?,recorded '78), Drives (9?, recorded '78)

This band was from Zagreb and this was part of Yugoslavia when they recorded
their LPs. Igra Staklenih Perli (79) is a real collectors item here in
Europe, and you have to pay some $100 if you find a mint copy of it. But
it's worth that! They made some Psych-Prog stuff, maybe like Hawkwind, but
much more intense and with better vocals (somewhere i read they have trippy
guitars and a spacy organ!). There is also a bit of Pink Floyd (Meddle) in
this music, but nevertheless they are quite unique. Highly recommended!! (if
you can't find the original, there was also a repro available by Kalemegdan
Disc one or two years ago!). Vrt Svetlosti (80) is said to be quite bad, but
its impossible to find, so i can't tell you more about it. -- Achim Breiling

Avant-garde space-rock, compared to Can. First 3 are archival material
released in the '90s.