HW: Codex - phew

Andy Gilham email at ANDYGILHAM.COM
Thu Mar 29 17:54:50 EST 2001

>         Yes, but that isn't the whole story is it? There's also the matter
> of who actually owns the stuff. And we have to face the sad fact that
> though Hawkwind's management own EBS, the minute EBS get their hands on
> something, that's the last we see of it. Ethically it should be Hawkwind's
> management who own the material, at least in business terms. But when even
> the band have to go to another label than their own to actually get things
> released, well, something's up with that IMO. Yours,

Well...  EBS isn't Hawkwind management.  Hawkwind don't have a management as
such.  EBS was a joint venture between several parties, including Dave and
Doug.  Without taking sides, I think it's fair to say there was a difference
of opinion a while back which made it hard for them all to work together; so
EBS kind of went into suspended animation.  It's no individual's fault.

-- Andy

www.andygilham.com