OFF: Mikey looks into silicon heaven & his platter

Mark Von Bargen mark.von-bargen at GENIE.CO.UK
Fri Mar 30 02:06:58 EST 2001

Hi,

Having worked in the computer world since the 70's when that world was
dominated by IBM and ICL mainframes (remember them), I remember the day
when some 'clown' first brought a PC into the computer centre.

Oh how we laughed and scoffed. That will never catch on we said, typewriter
with a screen, send it back. Hmm! How life changes. Now I use my PC to
access the mainframes as infrequently as I can get away with.

God, I remember disk units that you could walk into. One thing though, the
band has never changed, still pumping out Hawkwind to the uneducated masses
whenever I can but now I can do it from my 'typewriter with a screen'!!

See Ya

Mark