OFF: FLOOD GEORGE BUSH WITH YOUR E-MAILS!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Fri Mar 30 06:38:25 EST 2001

> Anyone who truly thinks that global warming is fiction is either
> incredibly selfish, or incredibly stupid.

Translation: "Anyone who dares to disagree with me is obviously either
              less smart than I am or has nefarious motives."

Of course the smart thing to do would be to collect evidence of global
warming and if we find some, identify whether the cause is climate, the
variable star known as Sol, or our activities. If it's our activities
then the yanks are almost certainly correct in that trading pollution
credits would solve the problem more efficiently than any amount of
government edicts.

Certainly a flood of email to George Bush's mailbox will achieve
absolutely zilch.

Given that Greenpeace were dead wrong on Brent Spar and are almost
certainly wrong on genetic enhancement, I'm not about to believe them on
global warming until they pony up hard proof.

FoFP