Careful use of the saxophone

Kirsten Procter kprocter at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
Fri Mar 30 10:38:08 EST 2001

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, Colin Allen wrote:

> I have found most of Nik's playing since about 1978 to be irksome at best
> and downright awful at times!  Jez is a really good sax player, far more
> controlled than Nik, and he does play the flute (he played it at the
> Astoria).

   He played it at Croydon. And yes, he is good. I'm just not entirely
convinced that he fits in as well as he might. He did at the Astoria
better than at Croydon, and I think this is becaus ethey decided they
nededed to make more use of him. I could be wrong though.

I don;t think anyone's disupting that Nik's playing could be irksome,
but he has a style which seems more in keeping somehow. Not that I'm
suggesting a return of Nik, really.

 Kirsten