Gong 25th Anniversary CD set

Eli Friedman EliPXR5 at AOL.COM
Fri Mar 30 10:56:17 EST 2001

Hi Mike. I don't have it in front of me, but I'm fairly certain that there is
not a solo Blake piece per se on the Gong Birthday double CD. On the other
hand there are a bunch of instrumental sections from the trilogy albums that
are quite synthesizer dominated, and the CD opens, (after an intro by Thom
the Poet) with a synth dominated instrumental called I believe "Floating Into
A Birthday Gig." The 2nd CD starts with a remake of "Sprinkling of Clouds"
called "Clouds Again" which I thought was really very good. If you like Tim's
playing it is very well showcased on this set, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't
take a solo turn. I actually think that they're all very much band tracks.
Hope that helps. Yours, Eli