HW: IRC chat & the Hawkestra

David Bottomley merlinas at DIRCON.CO.UK
Fri Mar 30 13:06:42 EST 2001

Nice to chat with the band there for a while there. Some interesting stuff
as Colm has already posted. But surprised to hear (read ?) Dave say that the
band don't have the tapes from the Hawkestra and that they haven't even been
paid for the gig. I think maybe we can kiss goodbye to that triple live
CD/DVD Hawkestra experience. Cynics might say that they knew this would
happen all along.............

A great pity. It may not have been the most musically satisfying HW
recording ever (tho' there are some stunning moments in the bits I've heard
recently), but as a record of an awesome one-off event, it would have been
essential. I hope they can resolve whatever differences there are.

Dave