OFF: FLOODS ARE COMING

dhuggins dhuggins at HYPERNOVA.NET
Fri Mar 30 23:49:14 EST 2001

Paul

        I do believe that nucleur fusion is ultimately the answer for large scale
energy needs.  As a weird twist of fate, that's what I wrote my freshman
thesis-thingie on -fusion by laser implosion-  when I was a physics major
at your same institution (VATECH).  This was MANY moons ago, and according
to the plans at the time, should have been a reality by now.  hehehe.

For all interested, some links I dug up lately:

Try http://fusedweb.pppl.gov/ for US gov sponsored info and

http://www.sierraclub.org/policy/conservation/nuc%2Dpower.asp for the
opposing view

BTW, the half-life of tritium is really not all that bad, 12 years.  Just
got to be careful with it.  As always, I must warn, don't try this at home.