HW: Top 10 Progreesive Rock

Sat Mar 31 16:01:16 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Richard Lockwood wrote:

> Alien Planetscapes?
> >
> > > Yeah, but can you see the Top Ten Of Space Rock getting made? I couldn't
> > > name 10 space rock bands that Joe Public would've heard of.  At
> > least this
> > > way we're getting a few minutes of HW documentary on the telly
> > for the first
> > > time.
> >
> >         Yes, but who would it be? I'd have to include Farflung, DarXtar
> > and the Ozrics along with Hawkwind, also ST37 because I'm just that way,
> > but who else really? Are there ten really good space-rock groups? Have
> > there been? I think a full ten would have to include some real lame
> > ones. Yours,

        They're quite high up on my list of things to check out. However,
having been effectively skint for the last two years or more, they haven't
yet received the attention I'm assured they deserve. But let's count them
in for the moment, unless they start to sound like Quarkspace or melting
Euphoria in which case enough already, I find personally. Yours,
                                                                 Jon

--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk