OFF: Moorcock on sci-fi

Sat Mar 31 16:17:50 EST 2001

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001, Nick Medford wrote:

> Agree with Doug's list of top authors above though. Surprised more
> Hawkfans don't rave about P.K. Dick- surely the ultimate sci-fi-delic author.

        I love Philip K. Dick. It was a great source of annoyance to me
that the local library only had six or seven of his books. I thought that
was a lot until I found out how many there were. Still, it was more than
they had of Asimov. [1]

        Wht, why, why, hasn't Dick's work inspired more music? Does the
Bladerunner soundtrack count? Do we care? I must start reading his work in
order in a dedicated fashion again and then pen a vast number of
lyrics. Yours,
                Jon

[1] The same was true county-wide. Beyond that cost money.
--
              Spooky peanut terror bringing pain and death!
     Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)      jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk