BOC: Origin of St Cecilia/Connection with The King in Yellow?

Warrick Bell wjbell at MAIL2.GIS.NET
Wed May 2 14:24:25 EDT 2001

Heyo all,

I thought this might be an appropriate time to ask this question, what with
the (re)issue of St Cecilia coming out and all.  (My copy hasn't yet arrived!!)
I was wondering if anybody knows who St Cecilia was, and what the name
might mean.  I notice that Chambers mentions "Sainte Cécile" several times
in the stories of _The King in Yellow_ and as there's already an
acknowledged connection to KiY I figured that might be a further association.
I don't know if this has already been discussed or not; I've been off the
list for a couple of years and didn't see any new mention of St Cecilia in
the FAQ.

Also, does anybody know if the CBS remasters will be released on SACD?

As beautiful as a foot,

Warrick Bell
<wjbell at mail2.gis.net>