spacebrock

Wed May 2 18:40:18 EDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Cerberus wrote:

> Anyone who thinks that Hawkwind have nothing left should hear the new
> track played on the last tour. "Elimental Mind" (world of lies)? is
> outstanding, and really give Ron's talents a chance to shine.

        As someone else has said, this is `Hippy', from _In Your
Area_, but in my position as pedant-to-the-gentry I feel it's also worth
pointing out that all Ron wrote of this was the words, which are not the
strongest point. I think the two songs he's really made his own are
`Reptoid Vision', which really is typical Ron, and the other is
`Aerospecaeage Inferno' which, with all respect to Mr Calvert and those
involved, is lacklustre on _Captain Lockheed_ compared to the '97 and '98
live versions. I don't doubt he's got more to give, but I wonder how easy
it is for him to give it to Hawkwind. Just jaundiced tonight, I guess,
yours,
        Jon

ObtLP: Motorhead - _Best Of_
       Jon Jarrett (01223 514989)     jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk