HW 8 track SR

Sara Zaza prabbit at GOWEBWAY.COM
Wed May 2 19:57:10 EDT 2001

>>Is it true that theres an 8 track of Space Ritual?
>>Anyone ever find a copy of this?
>>Rich W

This is how I first heard HW.  I was 16 yrs old, playing guitar in a bar
band with a bunch of guys in their 20's in 1975, basically doing the
"hardrock hits" (Deep Purple, Zep, Foghat (gulp), Free, Bowie etc) of the
day.  We actually used to do "Subhuman" believe it or not, a result of
buying "On Your Feet..." (on 8 track also).  Anyway, one day I show up for
rehearsal and there is a guy standing by the mixing board that I had never
seen before.  I was told he was "the sound guy/roadie/lightshow person".
After rehearsing, I rode with this guy (Steve) to load up our equipment
(those fuckin' Altec Voice Of The Theatre speakers, no wonder I have a bad
back now).  Anyway he has an 8 track player in his car and puts in Space
Ritual.  I had never heard of HW and I remember thinking it was the weirdest
thing I had ever heard.  I was also working in a record store at the time
and when Warrior came out I opened it, dug it, and that's how it all got
started.....Then I started seeing things like the Cosmic Jokers and Ash Ra
Tempel in the import section, but that's another story..............

John stanton