OFF: Burg Herzberg

K Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Thu May 3 12:04:00 EDT 2001

Seb said...

>We shall also be trying to visit Burg Herzberg as well this year as Bad
>Hersfeld is only a couple of hours drive for me. However, there is another
>festival which is worth visiting in July (20th to 22nd I believe) which is
>the Finkenbach festival held by various members of Guru Guru. Curently
>there is no line up but they now have a web site: http://www.finkenbach.de
>and hopefully details should be posted there shortly.

Well, this is interesting!  I hope to God it isn't the same bloody weekend
as Burg Herzberg, as those dates you give would indicate!  If the Finkenbach
fest with Guru Guru performing (?) was anything like that on the 98 Jahre
Live double LP, well then it would be hard to pass up!  Excellent stuff!
The 2000 Gurus CD wasn't quite so interesting though, trying too hard to be
something they're not.

Anyway, I went to the website and couldn't read anything (given it's all in
German), and as you pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any official
schedule or lineup.  In the guestbook, though, I caught the numbers 13-14
(See below), which leads me to believe that perhaps it would be the previous
weekend to BH, i.e., July 13-14.  That would be really excellent, and might
convince me to go for certain.  Although that would pretty much put aside my
thoughts of going to England for the Aug. 4 Hawkwind fest. sadly.  Too much
time in Europe for me!

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Is it Finkenbach, near Bad Kreuznach?  Or Finkenbach near Heidelberg,
in Odenwald?  Either is close to Frankfurt also, so that would work nicely.

P.P.S.  What this say?

Habe aus gut unterrichteten Kreisen erfahren, dass als Termin fuer das FB
Festivall das WoEnde 13./14. Juni geplant ist. Sobald es "handfeste" Beweise
gibt, gebe ich diese gerne weiter! Gruesse GP

Sorry, 13./14. JULI!