OFF: Wayne Gretzky

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Fri May 4 10:02:25 EDT 2001

> On 4 May 2001, at 9:11, Brian Halligan wrote:
>> Speaking of knickers and football kickers (although of the Soccer
>> variety), is it true that Manchester United signed a 12-year-old?

Theo replied:
> Wasn't Gretzky only 16 when the Oilers drafted him?

I'm not sure, it's possible. And of course, baseball signs 15-year-olds all
the time in Latin and South America. Still, to me there's a big difference
between 15 or 16, and 12.

Brian
Who was playing in a small-town basketball league at 12, and who still
hasn't been drafted into the NBA.

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower
MP3 Radio