HW tour dates and court case

Kevin Sommers novadrive at HOME.COM
Mon May 7 19:09:02 EDT 2001

I recently read in PC Magazine (May 8, 2001) an article called "Viruses That
Aren't: They may not destroy your data, but Internet chain letters waste
time and resources."  It lists a few examples of Internet hoaxes, including
"5. A petition claiming you can sign it by adding your name and passing the
message on. (No government or politician has ever taken seriously a petition
that was not signed in ink.)"
Obviously we're talking businesses and lawyers here, not government or
politicians, but what is the track record of online petitions?  Would this
just be an exercise in futility, or might it really make some difference?

KevinSommers

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU]On
Behalf Of Moonglum
Sent: Monday, May 07, 2001 2:01 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU
Subject: Re: HW tour dates and court case

Excellent wording (pending advice from the band's lawyer!).  Have already
discussed with Arin using an online petition space to host this, e.g.
http://www.petitiononline.com

this is probably more manageable than trying to email all round the
place....what do people think?

Mooongluum

PS I was not drunk on IRC...just gobby