HW tour dates and court case

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue May 8 10:09:28 EDT 2001

On Tue, 8 May 2001, Keith Barton wrote:

:Subject: Re: HW tour dates and court case
:
:Kevin Sommers wrote:
:
:> I recently read in PC Magazine (May 8, 2001) an article called "Viruses That
:> Aren't: They may not destroy your data, but Internet chain letters waste
:> time and resources."  It lists a few examples of Internet hoaxes, including
:> "5. A petition claiming you can sign it by adding your name and passing the
:> message on. (No government or politician has ever taken seriously a petition
:> that was not signed in ink.)"
:> Obviously we're talking businesses and lawyers here, not government or
:> politicians, but what is the track record of online petitions?  Would this
:> just be an exercise in futility, or might it really make some difference?
:>
:
:Well there's no harm in trying...

My 2 cents:

I think we should wait to find out what the band's lawyer wants us to do.

Anything before that is probably just wasted effort....

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #302B Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559