OFF: Drummers

Brian Halligan blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM
Tue May 8 15:30:36 EDT 2001

Billy Cobham should be in there somewhere. And I'd swap Cozy Powell with Al.

Also for consideration:
Ginger Baker
(I really like his drumming on Levitation, BTW.)

Ian Paice
(Example: the intro to Fireball. And his fill before the 2nd verse of
Strange Kind of Woman still gives me chills.)

> These are the world's 10 best drummers, ordered alphabetically.  Right?
>
> John Bonham, RIP
> Richard Chadwick
> Stewart Copeland
> Sami Kuoppamaki
> Jaki Liebezeit
> Chris Maitland
> Mani Neumeier
> Cozy Powell, RIP
> Scott Rockenfield
> Christian Vander
>
> Honorable mention [...]
> Adrian Belew*

The second best "V-Drummer" and guitarist in King Crimson. ;-) Seriously
though, I agree he's a great guitarist and songwriter.

Brian

--
Vincent Price Talking Lawnmower
MP3 Radio