OFF:was BOC:fakes? now supergroovalisticROCKCRITifunkstication :)

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at ACMENET.NET
Tue May 8 22:44:42 EDT 2001

Ah... now we've gone and done it; An OFF topic that my goofball ego that I
have to comment on. God(zilla) help us all.

>If he wrote that kind of shit about my wife (uh ... waitaminit ...),

He wrote your wife was not a Nazi and under 5 foot tall? :)

The Village Voice, lest we ferget, is where Robert Christgau rules the
roost -- he's been at it long enough to have many opposing writers write
about him.
(R.C. did an interesting review/rejoinder of his treatment in Meltzer's A
Whore Just Like the Rest (among other things).
it's findable at {start shamelesspageplug}
http://www.angelfire.com/ny4/ungodlyvision/rants/article7.htm

(Its near the bottom w/ the listing of R. Metlzer's books availible.)
(Dig it! OVER 1,000 hits!! woohoo! Click early and click often!)

>As for his book 'Rock and the Pop Narcotic', it's the *only* place I've
>ever read someone accurately describe the essence of what makes great rock
>and roll GREAT (or really even try).

Regardless of being slapped with a "Metlzerfanboy" label, In my not humble-
why do that?- opinion, (after doing a lit. review a political theory paper
on punk no less) that most of the books (still in print or OOP and in
libraries that try to do that capturing/marginal describing thing Fail with
a capital f.   The only thing that does the job is a Record, or CD or
cassette or 8 track. But as far as written word attempts, I gotta admit
that THe Aestetics of Rock does the good job because it doesnt try to
describe with a systemaic academic rigidity something which for all intents
and purposes is as chaotic as love-filled dance floor ringed by Marshall
amps. (I obviously have not been dancing in a while.)

This is the sort of conversational thing that could spawn a jillion OFF:
emails to BOC-L, So that's all I'll say about that (and hope such a
prediction does not come true. heheh)

Burnin' in the heat of competition,
Jason