OFF: Drummers

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Wed May 9 18:42:28 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/9/01 12:06:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time, ceres at SIRIUS.COM
writes:

> At least on tour, that was Bob Lee (also of Clawhammer, Backbiter, the
>  Amadans, Slotnick, Twink's L.A. "Pink Fairies" & many more), who made my
>  list yesterday.  Hey Chuck or Dan - did you see him the other week backing
>  up Twink at the show w/Farflung?  I'd love to hear a report ...

Bob Lee was supposed to be the drummer? Because my friend told me the drummer
was Brandon LaBelle! He was a kinda heavy dude w/a glittery shirt. He
shredded the skins, too.
Uh...anyway, about the show: Farflung were a blast except 1. No keyboards and
2. Only a 40-minute set, thanks I guess to the opening groups (or the
venue--Spaceland, L.A. flake-club if I ever saw one <but they do allow
smoking in the back-lounge!>
Since Twink came on right after FF and was the night's last act, of course FF
had no choice but to get off the stage by the previously-scheduled deadline.
Twink and LA Pink Faries: All I can say is--heavy high-octane punk 'n' roll
from an old guy who was _undoubtably_ one of the forefathers (and a great
backing band to boot)...
Chuck

PS: It wasn't exactly Glastonbury '71, but it was hot.