HW: OFF: Drummers

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu May 10 05:13:39 EDT 2001

In article <B71ED44E.320F%blackblade at bhalligan.com>, Brian Halligan
<blackblade at BHALLIGAN.COM> writes
>What band was this?

just a rehearsal studio jam outfit (maaaaan!) with Raven from Killing
Joke, Les, me singing and some guy I'd never met before or since on
guitar. I hasten to add I lasted only two sessions, not being quite up
to the standard of either The Wolfchild or The Jazz Coalman.

>Wasn't there someone on BOC-L who had played with,
>or replaced, Blackie O (known best as Urge Overkill's drummer) briefly in
>another band?

My brother Cass, filled in for Blackie when the Urge came over without
him when Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon was in the charts. He did a couple
of shows in London and Paris, and their Top Of The Pops appearance.
Blackie came over later after his Uncle's funeral. Talking of which, has
anyone heard Nash Kato's new solo album?

oh yeah. favourite drummer - Cass Browne but only when he was in
Senseless Things. Delakota stuff a bit too sampledelia drums-wise.

Honourable mention to Rat Scabies.

Keith Moon still rules for me!
--
Jon Browne