OFF: lemmy's health, or lack thereof

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu May 10 22:30:34 EDT 2001

In message <200105110214.WAA16100 at listserv.spc.edu>, Douglas Pearson
<ceres at SIRIUS.COM> writes
>On Thu, 10 May 2001 21:16:50 EDT, Robert C. Mayo <RMayo19761 at AOL.COM>
>wrote:
>>dont know if this has already been reported here; but he new issue of
>>Goldmine features an interview with his lemness. in it, he reports that the
>>cause of his recent ill health is a diagnosis of type II diabetes ...
>
>Well, there you have it.  30 years of road food is more likely to kill you
>than 30 years of amphetamine abuse.  Just as with Jerry Garcia - a 20-year
>heroin addict done in by his "Ben & Jerry's" diet, not an OD.

Probably true, but let's face it, Lem's drinking won't have done his pancreas
much good, and will have increased his diabetic susceptibility.

Most people with this variety of diabetes go on for many years, but internet
speculation on Lem's fate is unlikely to be based on good-quality medical
information and I would humbly plea that we not indulge in such an
exercise here unless we know anything definite.
--
Nick Medford