OFF: Drummers

John H. McCartney scorch at TE-CATS.COM
Fri May 11 14:46:20 EDT 2001

> >If you like or like me, used to enjoy Gabriel era stuff 20 years ago and
> >haven't listened to a note since the punk rock wars of 77, I was
> >surprised to find the recent Archive Box 1 brilliant!
>
> What's on that? Is there much unreleased stuff? Worth getting if you already
> have the original albums, is basically what I'm wondering?

It's basically all new, unless you have a copy of the Italian bootleg
package "From One Fan To All Others".

What you get is a 2 disc live Lamb of excellent quality, a *lot* of
songs that didn't make the first album and others that were discarded
before Trespass, and assorted b-sides and such. Well worth the $40
price, and even better when you can get it for $18 like I managed!

As for the 2nd box, eh, if I can find it used at a steal I may get it,
mostly for the live stuff, I already have most of the b-sides (which,
I might add, are often the most progressive stuff the later Genesis
put out...)

scorch