(OFF) Douglas Adams Dies

Nick Medford nick at HERMIT0.DEMON.CO.UK
Sat May 12 11:16:49 EDT 2001

In message <5p+VzDAPxS$6EwsT at comics.demon.co.uk>, Jon Browne
<jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK> writes
>In article <00f701c0dada$d5162d60$5bc13bcb at freeaqua>, Bill & Cynthia
><freeaqua at IINET.NET.AU> writes
>>Sadness Runs Deep. One of the finest authors of our time. He's off to the
>>Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

What a bad one. I met him once, he was a former pupil at my school and
came back to give a talk shortly after "Hitch-Hiker" took off. Aside from the
invention and wit of his writing, he was a relentlessly curious individual who
absorbed a huge amount about computer tech, artificial intelligence,
quantum theory and cutting-edge science in general. Had he lived I'm sure
all this would have been the foundation for some really exciting projects.
Very sad.
--
Nick Medford