HW VOiceprint

Wed May 16 19:35:45 EDT 2001

A customer of ours wanted everyone here to see the e.mail he's sending to
Voiceprint about the free CD - agree or not, here it is.
Andy Garibaldi.

------------------------
Dear Sirs,

Thank you for showing me once again how Hawkwind and its Record Labels
(namely you) treats its fans - WITH UTTER CONTEMPT!

The free CD we were so proudly promised by you for collecting the other CD's
issued, turns out to be nothing but a cut down version of a commercially
released CD and this has only been sent to us because YOU made a mistake at
pressing time.

It can only be assumed that from the outset you had a CD in mind to press
and send out to us fans.

It was Weird 108 we were expecting as this was missing from your commercial
release schedule and includes tracks which have not been made available
elsewhere on CD. It would also have given us the tracks from "Dawn Of"
without Dave Brock's chat, and have completed our collections.

You will appreciate from the tone of this mail that I feel totally let down
by what has occurred.

This to my mind is taking advantage of your customers and being able to
market something which to all intents and purposes is sub standard and was
never intended, and indeed should not, have been issued. You are using us to
offset your costs and expenses when someone in your organisation has made a
mistake.

Under normal circumstances you would have had to have written this expense
off, but you have been very opportunistic in ripping off your customers.

I will be very pleased to hear your comments on the above and how, and
indeed if, you are prepared to see this as an opportunity to restore my
faith in your organisation.

Yours

Steve Freight