HW: Isle of Wight

Samantha Kirwan samantha.kirwan at NTL.COM
Fri May 18 06:01:38 EDT 2001

Denis Regenbrecht said:

playing on the back of a truck, as well as the
> >Pink friaries ;-)

-Yeah, but what does a Pink Friaries look like.  Chips I suppose....:->

Sam

Oh yeah whilst we're on this.  I remember when I was about 13 (all those
years ago) and I told my step-dad I'd heard this great band and I was going
to see them - Hawkwind.  First thing he said was 'Don't tell your mother'
then he told me about when he was much younger and he'd seen Pink Fairies
and Hawkwind play at some venue in North London - he was a roadie at the
time.  There was a big after gig party and he went but as they were handing
round more acid then beer he made his excuses and left.  It didn't hit me
fully then but once it did I was soooooo jealous.  It could have been no
later than 1970 and possibly earlier - jammy git!!