OFF: Bizarre situation=call for help

SLOTERDIJK SLOTERDIJK at WEBTV.NET
Sat May 19 19:28:34 EDT 2001

As announced yesterday, SLOTERDIJK is booked for July 1 at The Pontiac
in Philadelphia (see complete tourdates thus far at
www.mp3.com/sloterdijk

 Originally it was our intention to get booked as the opening act for
The Brain Surgeons, but due to a fluke in the communication tree, The
Brain Surgeons are actually playing that night at The Khyber ( the place
where we  played with Harvey Bainbridge last summer).

Apparently the Pontiac blew off the Surgeons, and I believing at that
time ( legitimately, via the info  available on the surgeons website
etc), aggressively sought an opening slot for their show..Now the
booking agent had told me that she had no confirmation of them playing
there that night, but I thought it was a mistake, so now both bands are
booked for the same night in different venues. The Khyber has been less
than receptive to me since "The Traveling Outerspace Spectacular" for
reasons I don't understand since we packed the house on a sunday night
in August...

So here is what I am asking people to do...

Please contact The Khyber and tell them you want Sloterdijk on the bill
the night The Brain Surgeons come to town..If they are willing to book
us we will cancel the other show, because we want to see them, and it
was our hope to support them here and help spread the word of their
coming etc..

Here's how you can help:

by e-mail: write letters to booking at the khyber
by phone: ask for the booking phone# by calling the main number at:
(215) 238-5888

refer them only to our website URL below, or tell them this e-mail
address Sloterdik at webtv.net

Peace, MIke

www.mp3.com/sloterdijk