OFF: Nomail???

Ben Cohen ben at TMK.COM
Sat May 19 23:35:13 EDT 2001

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 04:20:28PM -0400, Alex S. Garcia wrote:
> Argh! I haven't been getting any BOC-L mails for a looong time, and I had no
> clue what was going on. Finally figured it out. I was apparently set
> "NOMAIL." Didn't even know such a feature existed, but what really puzzles
> me is how I ended up set that way when I never asked for it? Bleh.

Ok, this is going to (potentially) be news for everyone... :-)

If anyone's email starts bouncing badly, but in a (seemingly) non-fatal way,
my usual answer is to NOMAIL you. It keeps you subscribed to the list, but
cleans up my inbox. In most cases, I consider a "fatal" error to be one that
indicates that your domain is still good, but that you (everything left of the
"@" in your email) is bad. Most other things I consider to be non-fatal and
just NOMAIL you.

Fair warning if this happens to anyone else. Worst case, just email me
directly and I can figure out why you're not getting mail.

YnSSHM,
   Ben