HW: Delurk and Hawk Logs Master Series

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon May 21 16:23:12 EDT 2001

Hello all,

I am a long-time lurker here on BOC-L and have always gotten great enjoyment
and much useful information from the participants on this list. I've decided
to delurk because of the recent Hawk Logs Master Series thread - I am the
happy owner of a complete set of 16 obtained earlier this year. As was
previously mentioned, they are CDRs mostly transferred from vinyl boots and
the Weird tapes - the transfer is good, and the source material varies in
sound quality but was mostly quite good to begin with. Individual CD tracks
are sometimes composed of several songs - for example the Bottom Line '78
set is divided into 2 long CD tracks, corresponding to the 2 sides of the
original vinyl. I have put together short descriptions of all the titles in
the series along with some quick notes about each one and will post it to
the list in 3 parts as it's a bit long. If anyone would like to do CD-R
trades for individual titles in the series I'd be happy to do so - and if
anyone is willing to donate the time and effort to set up a tree I'll donate
copies of the discs for that as well. Only caveat - I'm pretty busy so if
there is lots of interest there may be a delay before I can get back to you.

Now, bootlegs may be a touchy subject for some (including the band) so I
apologize ahead of time to anyone who objects to this, if I get a lot of
negative feedback I will drop it. List opinion over the years seems to be
that boots are Ok as long as they are not sold (just traded or treed) which
is why I've decided to do this. Let me know what the concensus is.

Finally, hello to everyone I've corresponded with/traded with/bought stuff
from over the past few years!

Stephan

     Stephan Forstner
     stemfors at pipeline.com