HW: Weird 5

Captain Bl@ck starfield at SUPANET.COM
Tue May 22 14:22:44 EDT 2001

The issue with Weird 105 was that it was released and promptly deleted, only
then to be re-issued almost immediately with a different selection of
tracks. I ordered mine as soon as it was advertised and got the second
edition with an apology for the delay, which mentioned, and I quote from
memory, "due to complaints Dave Brock has remixed the album". What the
complaints were I have no idea.

However, I later picked up an original in Andy G's old Lotus Records for a
fiver.  Track listing is thus:

Side 1

Flying Doctor (Hawklords '78, same version as Friends & Relations 3)
Back on the Streets (same as later version)
City of Lagoons (same as later version)
(Quark, Strangeness & Charm album USA radio promo - not listed on sleeve)
Paranoia (this 1976 version not released anywhere else, as far as I know).
Back on the Streets (same version as above, edited)

Side 2 same as later release.

Cover art same as later release, except spine and tape label read
'Hawkwind/Hawklords'.

Any clearer?

Captain Bl at ck