HW: King and Powell

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Sun May 27 15:20:24 EDT 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001 10:11:46 +0100, Captain Bl at ck <starfield at SUPANET.COM>
wrote:
>There was two full kits - some numbers both Alan and Simon would play on
>(Magnu/Time for Sale),

On the midsection of "Magnu" (studio version), it sounds like one drumkit
and one set of congas ... is this correct?  And if so, who plays kit and
who plays the hand percussion?

>You really have to listen to Warriors/Astounding/Live '76/Watchfield to get
>a feel for their different styles.

The 'Watchfield' set would be a good place to start, since that's
exclusively Alan (both Simons were missing that day).

As far as tapes of 'Warrior' live ... there seems to be a gap in the record
(i.e. Berhnard's list) between 2/75 (the Roundhouse gig, BEFORE any off
the 'Warrior' tracks were being performed) and the summer festivals, by
which time Rudolph had already replaced Lemmy.  Nothing from either leg of
the ill-fated North American tour :^(.  (correct me if I'm wrong!)

    -Doug
     jasret at mindspring.com