HW: RE: calvert question

Stephan Forstner stemfors at PIPELINE.COM
Mon May 28 17:04:17 EDT 2001

Hello,

>HI, Can anyone tell me if the tracks on HAWKWIND CONNECTION by Robert and
>Wagner are the same as the Distance between us version? Or are the demos
>actual demos of those tracks? THANKS STEPHE

Don't have the discs with me so I'm going from memory here (and adawsons
worldwide discog <www.adawson.clara.net>) but as I recall Hawkwind
Connection claims to be demos but actually includes a fair amount of
released material as follows -
Robert Calvert:
Greenfly & Hornets are not demo but single versions and are available as
extra tracks on either Hype (See For Miles CD) or Freq Revisited (Cleopatra
CD), forget which.
Revenge/F&F/Bugatti/Isadora are demos available on the Revenge cassette and
on CD as Revenge (Voiceprint).
Messenger/Solstice/Stranger/Steppenwolf sound to me to be exactly the same
versions as appear on the Distances Between Us CD reissue - Messenger and
Solstice are tracked as 2 separate trax on the DBU CD though they are a
continuous piece of music and appear as 1 track here (presumably taken from
the original vinyl).
Michael Moorcock:
Starcruiser/DodgemDude was a single but it appears as extra tracks on the
Griffin reissue of New Worlds Fair.
Auschwitz is a demo that appeared only on The Brothel in Rosenstrasse tape
(which I don't have but I assume this is the same version).
BrothelInRS apppeared on the BrothelInRS Flicknife single and the
BrothelInRS tape as did Time Centre which also appeared on Friends &
Relations pt. 1. Brothel was also a bonus track on the Griffin reissue of
New Worlds Fair.
Good Girl appeared on the BrothelInRS tape and on Friends & Relations pt. 1.
I don't know if the remaining MM tracks have appeared elsewhere.

Let me know where I made any mistakes (and I'm sure I have),
Stephan