HW: Father and son

iain ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Tue May 29 05:40:09 EDT 2001

Sorry Jon

Got to disagree, I thought Danny wa always the lamest hamfisted drummer hawkwind
ever had,  the night of the hawks track is unlistenable to me because of the
aweful drums.
But Martin Griffin to me was a very good drummer, better than a lot of the
drummers hawkwind have had over the past 20 years.
Sonic attack is a great album, made all the better from Martin's great drumming.

But then Choose your masks is an abomination of an album, the drums are gated ,
metronomically perfect and without any movemnet to allow for fills etc, and may as
well have been a drum machine.

I really wished martin had played the drums instead of Danny at the hawkestra,
Danny's drums we just to much boom boom boom for me, and no finesse

best regards
Iain