HW: Black sword DVD

Richard Williams R.A.Williams at OPEN.AC.UK
Tue May 29 11:36:34 EDT 2001

This is my first posting so I hope it gets through!

I too happened upon the Black Sword DVD in HMV this weekend gone (and rather
surprised I was too).  Of course, no hesitation in buying it!  I was very
pleased with the overall quality except for the sound.  Must say I was a
little disappointed with the levels of the sound and had to crank up my
stereo (which is a dolby surround 5.1 system) to over half way (which would
normally cause severe problems with my neighbours) to get any decent volume
out of it.  I also have this on VHS so was also looking forward to the DVD
extras, not that I honestly expected much.  There were a few extra menu
items but was mostly information from the DVD producers and not Hawkwind
related.  Several websites were provided though.  The best extra of all
however, and the reason why I left it till last, is that they have included
the gig's encore!  Great to see Moorcock joining in on the jam!!!

Thanks for listening to my rant!

Richard.