HW: Father and son

Alastair Lee Sumner als at POSTMASTER.CO.UK
Tue May 29 18:14:27 EDT 2001

I'm gonna give Martin Griffin a big 'We are the Champions' style thumbs up.
He is one of my favourite HW drummers, up there with Mr. Ollis and Mr.
King. I think Martin's metronomic style fits the electronic sound of the
RCA albums perfectly. Didn't they also use a drum machine along with the
drummer on 'Choose Your Masques'? It sounds to me like that was the idea
behind the drums on that album, a kind of pre-cursor to Trance.

Alastair (place of birth - Void City).