emergency situation/lineup shortage

SLOTERDIJK SLOTERDIJK at WEBTV.NET
Tue May 29 20:10:38 EDT 2001

Hello friends,
as some of you may know, Sloterdijk is scheduled to play at "Rockers" in
Philadelphia, this coming friday night, June 1..

Well, we have run into a little problem, or rather potential problem,
and that is that Jay probably will not be there...He has just now
remembered that he is in a wedding that evening..

Now, I could do this show solo, but am not digging that prospect,
especially in light of the fact that this hall is pretty big and I've
never played there before...Consequently, be prepared for possible
lineup changes, or rather shall I say, that the lineup is being
formulated as I type..

Bob McConnell who has played bass for us in the past will be invited,
and I have also invited a new friend Mark Fenkner; who has studied under
Robert Fripp.

I have no clue, whether either of them will accept the offer..In light
of that, I ask you now;
is there anyone who would be interested in standing in that evening?
Duties would include, synth and or guitar/bass. Obviously you should
know at least some Sloterdijk, or feel confident enough to  listen to
our mp3 files, (4 tunes of which will be included in the set), and learn
quickly from them..There are also two cover tunes, which you can easily
learn..Please contact me via email asap, if interested in doing
this...In addition, this could lead to a permanent spot in the band if
it gets on well..

PS space whisperers, dancers, female and male singers etc are also
invited...My actual goal here, is to turn a shortage into a surplus. I
don't want to be onstage alone that night, so if you just want to come
and dance around while I play, that's cool too...The more the
merrier..If someone wants to sing on one tune, or play on another etc,
that's fine..If you are serious about doing the show, I'll send you the
setlist...The main thing here is to be quick..You need to hear the tunes
and get a rough idea of what your going to do, between now and friday
night.

Cheers, Mike Burro (Sloterdijk)

www.mp3.com/sloterdijk