HW: Warrior Differences

Dong ChongTong deltawave at METRONET.COM
Tue May 29 23:25:46 EDT 2001

  Dear John....

while being a collecter, I am not an authority on the differences.....
I used to know more, before I started aging and forgetting.

I CAN say, however, that from MY OWN opionion, almost NO 2 different
pressings sound EXACTLY the same in pitch, etc.

When it comes to pressing runs however, these may largely be the same.

The USA Promo copy(ies) of the Warrior, have a banded groove between the
ABP1 and ABP2, for DJ's to be able to pick it into 2 parts..

>From my memory, THAT part of the LP doesn't "fade out", however when you
play it.

There are actually 2 different USA promos, if anyone wants to dig.....there
are ones that are ACTUALLY marked as DJ copies on the white label, then
there are white label copies that are NOT marked DJ on the label, which are
simply "Promo's"....
They are all, the same thing, really.......

regarding the Kings....there are (I believe) slightly differing "versions"
of many of the singles, spread through the presses, and matrix run-offs,
that I believe, go largely un-noticed.

I bet the "Kings" version is something like another USA one Versus a UK
one, or something like that....
all speculation "out loud" however....

maybe more info shall come....

mike c