BOC: SFG

Steven Tice StevenTice at AOL.COM
Wed May 30 14:12:58 EDT 2001

In a message dated 05/30/2001 1:03:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK writes:

> The liner notes for St Cecilia suggest that Elektra lost confidence in the
> band when Les Braunstein's vocals were replaced by Eric Bloom's. But to my
> ear, there are very few EB lead vocals on the album, apart from 'Donovan's
> Monkey' and 'I'm on the lamb'. Has anyone got a full list of lead

Hmm, I'm surprised you couldn't tell, Bloom and Roeser sound very different
to me...Roeser sings lead on only two tracks on St. Cecilia, "Arthur Comics"
and "Bonomo's Turkish Taffy."  Bloom does the rest, so the vast majority of
the material on the album is sung by Bloom.  If you listen closely, it even
sounds like Bloom often does his own overdubs rather than other members of
the band providing harmony vocals.  Perhaps the smoother voice of a younger
Bloom is misleading you...

Note that the liner notes DO mention this on page 10: "Roeser took over the
lead vocals on two songs, 'Arthur Comics' and 'Bonomo's Turkish Taffy', but
otherwise Bloom fronted the band on songs that Braunstein had sung only
months before."

Steven Tice
Calliope Comics
519 Valentine Hill Road