HW: Warrior Differences

Joe Loehr JLoehr4299 at AOL.COM
Wed May 30 20:17:23 EDT 2001

In a message dated 5/29/01 9:10:45 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
jmajka2 at HOME.COM writes:

> <So... all this talk of WOTEOT makes me desire some definitive answers about
> the different versions of this album.  It is claimed by Brian Tawn that the
> UK LP has a longer, different mix of "Kings of Speed" than does the US Atco

Dunno. I didn't notice any difference. I'll have to check again.

<Also "Assault and Battery" are supposed to be separate tracks on the UK
> album as opposed to the US one.  Anyone?  Can anyone confirm or deny this?>
>
> You mean 'Assault and Battery' and 'The Golden Void' ? No. On my UK version
> (others may vary, maybe) A&B and TGV are "connected" by the synth bit, so
> they flow one into the other.

<snip>

>   Now what's
> this business about the vinyl being a half-step higher in pitch than the CD?

It's true, honest!  When I played it, A&B sounded higher in pitch than on the
Griffin CD. I grabbed me guitar, and tried to play along, using the chords I
learned off the Griffin CD, and the vinyl was a half-step higher.

<snip>