HW:

Doug Bates Doug.Bates at TUCCSTER.TUCC.UAB.EDU
Fri Nov 2 18:27:00 EST 2001

>From: Colin Allen
>>Yes, but I seem to remember those _Spacebrock_ mispresses didn't go to
>>waste---Voiceprint used them as the "special free gift" for those who
>>collected enough of the Kollector release tokens.  At the time there
>>were a LOT of fans who thought that was the nadir of Hawkwind fan
>>exploitation...

>Myself included.  That certainly was a low point; however, we did not
>pay
>for them

I just figured out how to get my special gift! I'll remove the
tokens before I ask for my refund for 79 and Glaster. ;-)

 Melvyn Vincent <mel at MVA.U-NET.COM> wrote:
 > ... along the lines of Nik Turner being a 'weasel'.......'a very
 > greedy man'.

Melvyn, I hope you get to read the letter to the editor that
appeared in the following issue of Q Magazine that Jill Calvert
wrote. Iain, being a member of HW for even one year in the 70's
is like, uh, well, there is nothing like it!

In addition to the creed followed by Doug P., I choose not
to respond the uninformed, misinformed, vendictive or
the antagonistic in public. The only way I have the stength to
do this is from a likely source. "HAWKWIND" I don't have the right
to alter the fans perception of HW (or even try).

With all the real shit going on in the world, this hate thing
for some in the land of the hawk makes no sense at all.

PXR0 over and out I gotta get some sleep

--
Doug Bates